UGC NET Previous Years Solved Papers
Paper – I DEC 2013
1. The post-industrial society is designated as
(A) Information society
(B) Technology society
(C) Mediated society
(D) Non-agricultural society
2. The initial efforts for internet based communication was for
(A) Commercial communication
(B) Military purposes
(C) Personal interaction
(D) Political campaigns
3. Internal communication within institutions is done through
4 Virtual reality provides
(A) Sharp pictures
(B) Individual audio
(C) Participatory experience
(D) Preview of new films
5. The first virtual university of India came up in
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
6. Arrange the following books in chronological order in which they appeared. Use the code given below:
(i) Limits to Growth
(ii) Silent Spring
(iii) Our Common Future
(iv) Resourceful Earth
(A) (i), (iii), (iv), (ii)
(B) (ii), (iii), (i), (iv)
(C) (ii), (i), (iii), (iv)
(D) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
Ans: (Marks to given all Candidates)
7. Which one of the following continents is at a greater risk of desertification?
(C) South America
(D) North America
8. “Women are closer to nature than men.” What kind of perspective is this?
(D) Deep ecology
9. Which one of the following is not a matter a global concern in the removal of tropical forests?
(A) Their ability to absorb the chemicals that contribute to depletion of ozone layer.
(B) Their role in maintaining the oxygen and carbon balance of the earth.
(C) Their ability to regulate surface and air temperatures, moisture content and reflectivity.
(D) Their contribution to the biological diversity of the planet.
10. The most comprehensive approach to address the problems of man-environment interaction is one of the following:
(A) Natural Resource Conservation Approach
(B) Urban-industrial Growth Oriented Approach
(C) Rural-agricultural Growth Oriented Approach
(D) Watershed Development Approach