UGC NET Previous Years Solved Papers
LAW Paper II
June 2016 (10-7-2016)
1. In Golaknath Vs State of Punjab Justice K. Subba Rao observed
(1) The Preamble contains in a nutshell ideals and aspirations of the Constitution.
(2) The Preamble is the key to open the minds of the Constitution makers.
(3) The Preamble is enforceable by the Judiciary.
(4) The Preamble of our Constitution is of great importance and it should be implemented.
2. The Five Judges Constitution Bench held that ‘Imparting Education cannot be treated as a Trade or Business’ in which of the following cases ?
(1) Unnikrishanan Case
(2) Mohini Jain Case
(3) Dinesh Kumar Case
(4) P.A. Inamdar Case
3. As per the Constitution of India, which of the following statement(s) is/are correct ?
(a) The state may make provision for securing just and humane conditions of work.
(b) The state shall endeavour to provide early childhood care and education for all the children until they complete the age of six years.
(c) The state shall not endeavour to secure for the citizens a uniform civil code in the territory of India.
(d) The state shall endeavour to protect and improve the environment and to safeguard the forests and wildlife of the country.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(1) (a), (b) and (c)
(2) (b), (c) and (d)
(3) (b) and (d)
(4) (c) and (d)
4. Read Assertion (A) and Reason (R) and answer using the codes given below :
Assertion (A) : No minimum age is prescribed for appointment as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India nor is there any fixed period of office.
Reason (R) : The original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court is dealt within Article-132 of the Constitution of India.
(1) (A) and (R) are right and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(2) (A) and (R) are right, but (R) is not the right explanation of (A).
(3) (A) is right but (R) is wrong.
(4) Both (A) and (R) are wrong.
5. In which one of the following cases the Supreme Court of India had invalidated a Constitutional Amendment for non-compliance with the procedure contained in the proviso to clause (2) of Article-368 ?
(1) Kihoto Hollohan V. Zachilhu and others
(2) Keshavanand Bharati V. State of Kerala
(3) Golaknath V. State of Punjab
(4) State of West Bengal V. Union of India
6. If the President of India is satisfied that a grave emergency exists whereby the security of India or any part of the territory thereof is threatened whether by war or external aggression or armed rebellion he may by proclamation make a declaration to that effect.
Here the ‘satisfaction’ of the President of India means :
(1) The personal satisfaction of the President of India.
(2) The personal satisfaction of the Prime Minister and all the Council of Ministers and informing to the President of India.
(3) The decision of the Union Cabinet that such a proclamation may be issued, has been communicated to him in writing.
(4) The decision of the Union Cabinet, that such a proclamation may be issued, has been communicated to him in writing along with 2/3rd Parliament Member’s signature.
7. Match the List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) Hari Krishna Bhargav Vs Union of India
(b) Godfrey Philips India Ltd. Vs State of U.P.
(c) K.C. Gajapati Narayan Deo Vs. State of Orissa
(d) In re : The Delhi Laws Act
(i) Conditional Legislation
(ii) Principles of Interpretation to avoid over lapping
(iii) Power of Parliament to levy taxes on income other than Agricultural Income
(iv) Colourable Legislation
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (iii) (ii) (iv) (i)
(2) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
(3) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
(4) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
8. “The task of social engineering is to build as efficient structure of the society as possible with minimum friction and waste.”
This statement is of :
(2) Roscoe Pound
(4) Karl Marx
9. Ratio decidendi may be defined as
(1) Statement of law applied to the legal problems disclosed by facts.
(2) Finding of material facts, direct and inferential, based on earlier case law.
(3) The rule of law which others regard as being of binding authority.
(4) All of the above
10. Which one of the following groups indicate the four sanctions as enumerated by Bentham for various kinds of pleasure and pain ?
(1) Physical, Moral, Ethical and Political
(2) Physical, Political, Moral and Religious
(3) Moral, Social, Legal and Political
(4) Legal, Ethical, Moral and Social