UGC NET Previous Years Solved Papers
LAW Paper – II Dec 2010
1. The term ‘secularism’ implies that
(A) Parliament should support religions
(B) State and religion are inseparable
(C) State does not recognise any religion as a State religion
(D) People are free to worship State recognised religion
2. In which of the following case the Supreme Court held that, ‘if a body is an agency or instrumentality of Government it may be an authority under Article 12’ ?
(A) Ujjambai V. State of Uttar Pradesh
(B) Ramana Dayaram Shetty V. The International Airport Authority of India
(C) Electricity Board, Rajasthan V. Mohanlal
(D) P.D. Shamdasaru V. Central Bank of India
3. The Supreme Court of India for the first time struck down the ‘Carry forward Rule’ as unconstitutional in the following case :
(A) Balaji V. State of Mysore
(B) Rangachari V. General Manager, Southern Railway
(C) Ashok Kumar Thakur V. State of Bihar
(D) Devadasan V. Union of India
4. A Judge of a Supreme Court or High Court may be removed from his service by
(A) The President of India
(B) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
(C) Parliament through impeachment motion
(D) National Judicial Academy
5. Which of the following case is popularly known as ‘the Fundamental Rights’ case ?
(A) M.C. Mehta V. Union of India
(B) Keshavanand Bharati V. State of Kerala
(C) S.P. Gupta V. Union of India
(D) Champakam Dorairajan V. State of Madras
6. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists :
List – I
List – II
I. Right to go abroad
II. Right to livelihood
III. Right against sexual harassment
IV. Right to education
A. Olga Tellis’s case
B. Mohini Jain’s case
C. Menaka Gandhi’s case
D. Vishakas’ case
I II III IV
(A) D B A C
(B) B C D A
(C) C A D B
(D) B A C D
7. Consider the following statements relating to Kelsen’s pure theory of law :
I. Law is a coercive order.
II. Law are ought propositions.
III. Law is a system of social rules.
IV. There is a hierarchy of norms, each norm being valid on the presupposed validity of some other.
(A) I, II and IV are correct.
(B) II, III and IV are correct.
(C) I and III are correct.
(D) II and IV are correct.
8. Assertion (A) : Ownership subject to condition subsequent is vested ownership.
Reason (R) : Possession and ownership do not differ in their mode of acquisition.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
9. Law according to Joseph Raz is a
(A) Social engineering
(B) Social fact
(C) Political principle
(D) Normative science
10. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer using the codes given below :
List – I
List – II
I. Minimum content of law
II. Inner morality of law
III. Law with a variable content
IV. Law as a phenomenon of civilization
I II III IV
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 2 1 4 3
(D) 1 2 3 4