UGC NET Previous Years Solved
LAW Paper II – Dec 2009
1. Consider the following Judgements of the Supreme Court which dealt with the appointment and transfer of Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts :
(1) S. P. Gupta Vs. Union of India
(2) Sankal Chand Vs. Union of India
(3) President’s Special Reference No. 1
(4) Supreme Court Advocate on Record Association Vs. Union of India
Which one of the following is correct chronological order in which the above judgements were delivered?
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 2 1 3 4
(C) 2 1 4 3
(D) 1 2 4 3
2. Which one of the following is the correct statement ?
“Full faith and credit” clause of the Constitution does not apply to
(A) Public records
(B) Judicial proceedings
(C) Acts of Corporations
(D) Public acts
3. In which of the following case the Supreme Court held that allowing medical examination of a woman to prove her virginity, amounts to violation of her right to privacy, guaranteed under Article 21 of the Constitution ?
(A) Surjeet Singh Thind Vs. Kanwaljit Kaur
(B) Phillipa Anne Vs. State of Tamilnadu State
(C) Hameeda Sarfaraj Vs. M. S. Kashekar
(D) Kavita Vs. State of Maharashtra
4. By which Constitutional Amendment, Article 21-A providing for right to education was inserted in the Constitution of India ?
(A) The Constitution [Eighty Third Amendment] Act
(B) The Constitution [Eighty Sixth Amendment] Act
(C) The Constitution [Ninetieth Amendment] Act
(D) The Constitution [Ninety Second Amendment] Act
5. Joint-session of the Parliament was summoned by the President of India to pass
(A) Dowry Prohibition Act
(B) Banking Service Commission Act
(D) All the above Act
6. Justice Verma’s Committee Report relates to
(A) Effectuation of Fundamental Duties
(B) Duty to vote in Election
(C) Freedom of Religion
(D) National Judicial Commission
7. By which Constitutional Amendment, Article 51-A(K) which provides for the eleventh duty of a citizen was added ?
(A) The Constitution [Ninety-Third Amendment] Act
(B) The Constitution [Ninety-First Amendment] Act
(C) The Constitution [Eighty Sixth Amendment] Act
(D) The Constitution [Eighty Fourth Amendment] Act
8. Who submitted the Report of the “National Commission to Review the working of the Constitution” ?
(A) Justice B. P. Jeevan Reddy
(B) Justice A. S. Anand
(C) Justice R. S. Sarkaria
(D) Justice M. N. Venkatachalliah
9. Who has first coined the term ‘Legal theory’?
(B) W. Friedman
(D) Roscoe Pound
10. >Who propounded the ‘Utilitarian theory’?
(B) Henry Maine
(D) Julius Stone