UGC NET Previous Year Papers
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS
Paper II – December 2013
1. When data and acknowledgement are sent in the same frame, this is called as
(A) Piggy packing
(B) Piggy backing
(C) Back packing
(D) Good packing
2. Encryption and Decryption is the responsibility of _______ Layer.
3. An analog signal carries 4 bits in each signal unit. If 1000 signal units are sent per second, then baud rate and bit rate of the signal are _______ and _______.
(A) 4000 bauds \ sec & 1000 bps
(B) 2000 bauds \ sec & 1000 bps
(C) 1000 bauds \ sec & 500 bps
(D) 1000 bauds \ sec & 4000 bps
4. The VLF and LF bauds use _______ propagation for communication.
(C) Line of sight
5. Using the RSA public key crypto system, if p = 13, q = 31 and d = 7, then the value of e is
6. FAN IN of a component A is defined as
(A) Number of components that can call or pass control to component A.
(B) Number of components that are called by component A.
(C) Number of components related to component A.
(D) Number of components dependent on component A.
7. The relationship of data elements in a module is called
8. Software Configuration Management is the discipline for systematically controlling
(A) the changes due to the evolution of work products as the project proceeds.
(B) the changes due to defects (bugs) being found and then fixed.
(C) the changes due to requirement changes
(D) all of the above
9. Which one of the following is not a step of requirement engineering ?
(A) Requirement elicitation
(B) Requirement analysis
(C) Requirement design
(D) Requirement documentation
10. Testing of software with actual data and in actual environment is called
(A) Alpha testing
(B) Beta testing
(C) Regression testing
(D) None of the above