UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC)
National Eligibility Test (NET)
Note : This paper contains seventy five (75) objective type questions of two (2) marks each. All questions are compulsory.
Unit – I :
- Essential Features of Indian Constitution.
- Distribution of Legislative Powers between Union and States.
- Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Parliament and State Legislatures
- Amending Process of the Constitution.
- Role of Election Commission in Democratic Process.
Unit – II :
- Nature, Scope and Importance of Administrative Law.
- Principles of Natural Justice.
- Administrative Discretion and its control.
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action-Writ Jurisdiction.
- Lokpal and Lokayukta.
Unit – III :
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Legal Concepts : Right, Duty, Ownership, Possession and Person Judicial. Process : Application of Doctrine of Precedent of India.
- Judicial Contribution in Bringing Social Changes.
- Law and Morality.
Unit – IV :
- General Principles of Criminal Law-meaning, nature, essentials and stages of offence.
- Joint Liability; Abetment and Criminal Conspiracy.
- Offences against Human Body.
- Offences against Property.
Unit – V :
- Environmental Pollution : Meaning of Environment and Environmental Pollution; Kinds of Pollution.
- Legislative Measures for Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution in India – Air and Water Pollution and General Protection of Environment.
- International Development for protection of Environmental Pollution.
- Remedies for Environmental Protection : Civil, Criminal and Constitutional.
- Importance of Forest and Wildlife in protecting environment.
- Environmental impact assessment and control of Hazardous wastes.
Unit – VI :
- Nature of International Law and its sources.
- Concept of sovereignty and its relevance today.
- Recognition of State and Governments.
- Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Status of Refugees.
- International Court of Justice.
- UNO and its organs.
- Global Trade Regime under International Law.
Unit – VII :
- Adoption and Guardianship
- Matrimonial Remedies
- Uniform Civil Code
Unit – VIII :
- Concept and Development of Human Rights.
- Contribution of United Nations in the development and implementation of Human Rights.
- Implementation of Human Rights in India : Role of National Human Rights Commission.
- Protection of Marginalised Groups : Women, Children, Minorities and Refugees.
Unit – IX :
- Nature and definition of Tort.
- General Principles of Tortuous Liability.
- Specific Torts : Negligence, Nuisance and Defamation.
- Absolute Liability : Emerging trends in India.
- Consumer Protection : Evolution of Consumer Rights and Redressal of Consumer Grievances.
Unit – X :
- Partnership Act : Nature and essentials of partnership mutual rights and liabilities of partners, advantages of registration of firms.
- Sales of Goods Act.
- Negotiable Instruments Act.
- Company Law : Role of Directors, Doctrines of Indoor Management and Ultra Vires.